[TYPO3-english] Archived and non-archived news

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 1 14:13:38 CEST 2009

Sergio Catalá Gil wrote:
>> yes, simply use displayArchivedInLatest = 1 and latestLimit = 3, then
> you always see > 3 items filled up by latest archived news if
> non-archived news are less then 3.
>
> Sorry, but that doesn't fit in my behaviour. That shows Archived news in
(...)

If it can't be made with tt_news directly you can always solve it with
Typoscript. Make a CONTENT object and you can make a custom SQL query
that returns exactly what you want. By default the renderObj of CONTENT
uses the standard render method that belong with the particular table
you queried (in this tt_news).
You can also make a custom renderObj and display the fields from the
query the way you see fit.

Regards,

--
Jigal van Hemert.