[TYPO3-english] Old BE (alt_main.php) loading after login

Albert van der Veen albert.van.der.veen at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 29 15:49:53 CET 2009

Hi all,

Some very strange behavior on a 4.2.5 site:

- If I have the default options 'backend,frontend' for the option
'interfaces' in the Install tool and login at the BE, I get redirected
to alt_main.php, which is the old backend. This isn't functioning
however, clicking on any menu items gives a javascript error:

Error: top.rawurlencodeAndRemoveSiteUrl is not a function
Source File: http://intranet.domain.com/typo3/alt_menu.php
Line: 56

Of course, alt_main.php shouldn't be loaded in the first place, should
be backend.php.

- Now it gets even stranger: if I add 'backend_old' to the list of
interfaces and login choosing 'Traditional Backend' (!), it redirects to
backend.php! Logging in choosing 'Backend' again redirects to alt_main.php

Very strange. Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

grtz,
Albert