[TYPO3-english] How to transform CoolUri to a parameter and remove a part?

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sat Jan 17 12:15:00 CET 2009

Hi,

> To show the print version I can use e. g.
> www.example.com/subsub1.php?type=98 and it works fine.
> But my aim is to link to the print page in the style of
> www.example.com/print/subsub1.php. print is neither a real path nor a
> menu level nor cached. So I think it is necessary to have a look to the

what do you mean that it's not cached? You don't use the cache
functionality?

> last part, subsub1.php, eliminate .php, find its hierarchical stucture
> (well done without print), and transform print to type=98 at last.

Usually, links are looked up in the cache so you don't need to parse
them a look for any hierarchical structure.

> failed. If I request a URI as www.example.com/print/subsub1.php or any
> other path with /print included, the result leads to the print version
> of the hompage index.php. So the part subsub1.php is ignored completely.

Again, you cannot just request, you need to pre-generate such links and
then they are placed in the cache, where you can look them up and check
that they have the right parameters assigned.

Regards

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech