[TYPO3-english] How to transform CoolUri to a parameter and remove a part?

Renne Rich rennerich at gawab.com
Sat Jan 17 10:20:17 CET 2009

Hi Jan,

I've tried your suggestion but it failed, too. Maybe it is useful to
explain my question in more detail. My site is structured like this:

+ top1
   - sub1
   - sub2
   -   - subsub1
+ top2
   - suba
   - subb

My CoolURIs are cached automatically and written in this way:

www.example.com/item1.php -> links to the first level menu item top1
www.example.com/sub1.php -> links to the second level menu item sub1
www.example.com/subsub1.php -> links to the third level menu item subsub2

To show the print version I can use e. g.
www.example.com/subsub1.php?type=98 and it works fine.
But my aim is to link to the print page in the style of
www.example.com/print/subsub1.php. print is neither a real path nor a
menu level nor cached. So I think it is necessary to have a look to the
last part, subsub1.php, eliminate .php, find its hierarchical stucture
(well done without print), and transform print to type=98 at last.

Your decision or a definition with predefinedparts

<part key="print">
   <parameter>type</parameter>
   <value>98</value>
</part>

failed. If I request a URI as www.example.com/print/subsub1.php or any
other path with /print included, the result leads to the print version
of the hompage index.php. So the part subsub1.php is ignored completely.

I would like to avoid a rewriting performed by .htaccess.

Thank you for excellent work and  - that's unusual -  your tireless support!