[TYPO3-english] Very slow performance when clearing cache & viewing template / huge db size increase

Ben Wardle info-nospam at netefficiency.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:16:05 CET 2009

Hi,

Francisco Javier Huerta Lopez wrote:
> But lately, we've seen our DB grow from 700 MB to close to 3 GB in 1
> month. Also, clearing the cache takes at least 4 or 5 minutes. Editing
> templates in the main site do the same.

Do you have any calendar display extensions? Sometimes extensions or scripts
can effectively create a very large number of pages in the cache when
spidered by search engines (eg daily views have 'view next day' and go on
for years). Similar things can happen when you have multiple routes into
the same content that have different getvars and chaches.

All the best,

Ben.