[TYPO3-english] mnogosearch: compiling + installing search engine no /opt/ directory created?

Giannis Economou gecon at di.uoa.gr
Fri Feb 27 11:09:19 CET 2009

The provider (having root access) should complile (and install) the
mnogosearch for you. If this is possible, you can ask the provider to do
the installation in /opt server directory. Having the installation in
/opt in not necessary, but it suits quite well as a tested and default
mnogosearch+typo3 place.

The provider might also be tempted to install mnogosearch into the
server without compiling (but by using already existing mnogosearch
packages for the distro you are using), but I wouldn't suggest to go
with the packages, because from what I've seen until today mnogosearch
packaged installations do not place all mnogosearch files into one
directory (like /opt). It can work, but for me things were much simpler
by having mnogosearch into a single tree.

Besides the above, you can also compile and install mnogosearch without
contacting your provider. The installation will go into a single
directory into your home directory (like ~/my_mnogosearch). To do this
you have to change some paths in the configuration/compilation/install
procedure.

Have in mind that besides mnogosearch, you will also need the
mnogosearch extension for your php for having mnogosearch work in typo3.
This is something that your provider should take care (it needs root
access), if you don't have it already.

Giannis Economou