[TYPO3-english] need a simple download button which does not show the link

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Thu Feb 26 14:12:56 CET 2009

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I need  to provide download button on  my page so that visitors can
>> download pdf, songs etc but I don't like to show the link.  displaying
>> the size of the download-able item is helpful. What extension should I
>> use to do this ? Please suggest.
>>

> I like "ml_links" and I made a small enhancement available off my website.
>
> But I do not understand what is the problem with "I don't like to show
> the link". If you create a link to a file in RTE, you may put any text
> as link, thus the link may read whatever you want.
>
> If you really need a "button" and not a link that is shown a bit like a
> button (through CSS) then I have no clue.

Thanks for your response. Ok I'm describing what actually I am trying to
do. There are some links in my site which are external URL so that
visitors can download some songs. But I like to add simply a download
button so that visitors can download the songs by just a single click on
that button.

Thanks