[TYPO3-english] need a simple download button which does not show the link

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Feb 26 13:46:46 CET 2009

Hi,

> I need  to provide download button on  my page so that visitors can
> download pdf, songs etc but I don't like to show the link.  displaying
> the size of the download-able item is helpful. What extension should I
> use to do this ? Please suggest.

I like "ml_links" and I made a small enhancement available off my website.

But I do not understand what is the problem with "I don't like to show
the link". If you create a link to a file in RTE, you may put any text
as link, thus the link may read whatever you want.

If you really need a "button" and not a link that is shown a bit like a
button (through CSS) then I have no clue.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html