[TYPO3-english] mail sending problem with virtual host

sabine deeken sabine.deeken at web.de
Thu Feb 26 10:25:32 CET 2009

Hi List,
it looks like we have solved the problem.
referer was different from hostname. (they the server, some virtual
hosts and a proxy-server to access the site from outside.)
there are also problems in backend according to this.
emails from mailforms were sent last night after I set

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['/doNotCheckReferer/'] = '1';

I told the server-admins to try with hostnames which have the same names as the referers and write again when it works and how we did in the end.
best regards,
Sabine