[TYPO3-english] mail sending problem with virtual host

sabine deeken sabine.deeken at web.de
Wed Feb 25 09:38:54 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Am Dienstag, den 24.02.2009, 18:52 +0200 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
 > Hi!
 >
 > sabine deeken wrote:
 > > as long as we use the local ip we get mails and new
 > > mailformplus-csv-records appear in the backend, but when we use the
ip
 > > for the virtual host: no emails, no csv-records.
 > >
 > > what we tried up to now:
 > > realurl on/off -> nope
 >
 > Hm. I do not really understand why did you try that. It does not make
any sense.
you are right: actually it does not make any sense. I tried because we
had problems with simulate static documents when I only installed
realurl, and I mixed something up when I realized that realurl did not
work at the virtual host thing and mailforms were not sent either, so to
be sure I did this, but it was not the cause of the problem.

 > > as long as we use the local ip we get mails and new
 > > mailformplus-csv-records appear in the backend, but when we use the
 > > ip for the virtual host: no emails, no csv-records.
 >
 > What exactly do you mean by "use ... ip"?

sorry I'not a server-girl..
we are relaunching the site. the old site is still running on another
server, the new site is on a new server (php5.2.-problem), and we don't
have a domain on this server yet. to access the "construction site" we have
an local IP, 192.168.xxx.xxx, only accessible within vpn. when I access
the site by typing the 192.168.xxx.xxx-IP, and I send a mailform, I get
mail.

for accessing the website from outside the vpn there is a virtual host,
and a different IP to type in the adressbar of the browser,
195.xxx.xxx.xxx, and when I send a mailform from there, i get
redirected, but no mail is sent.