[TYPO3-english] Fatal error - Allowed memory - class.t3lib_befunc.php (Case 844)

Søren Madsen sma at cs.au.dk
Wed Feb 25 01:05:21 CET 2009

> absolutly not but you just reached the limit of the memory_limit. Ask
> your hoster to increase it!
>
> georg

Well - it's our own server, so we can do what we want.
But - We've already allocated 268435456 bytes (256 MB) of memory - it
seems like that should be more than enough, right?

I think my point is, that this is an issue with TYPO3, and that
particular feature: clicking on any given users name in the user
admin, prints out a ridiculously large list; a list so heavy that when
it doesn't exhaust the server of 256 MB's memory when generated, is
impossible to scroll or use in the browser (browsers freeze), because
of it's size.

Our thoughts were, that maybe it isn't necessary to expand every
thinkable tree in that view, and maybe there is some way to instruct
TYPO3 not to do this - or even better - disable that particular
feature / removing the link from the user name?

Regards,
Søren Madsen