[TYPO3-english] RealURL and domain "container"

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 24 08:13:36 CET 2009

Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> Nope.  I used a site that was already set up with realurl and since it
> was working didn't think a further config would be required.  I've now
> read through the manual on how to set this up and don't really get it.
> The manual states I need static_tables installed - I'm assuming it means
> static_info_tables since the former doesn't appear to exist. The manual
> also states that if i delete realurl_autoconf.php that realurl will
> regenerated.  I have a file called realurl_conf.php and am again
> assuming the manual means that.  However if I delete it (I'm renaming
> it) it doesn't get auto generated.   After reading through the domain
> config it's not clear to me where that gets added to then be auto
> generated into the realurl_conf.php (??) file.

It means that you killed your RealURL configuration :( realurl_conf.php is not the same as realurl_autoconf.php.

When in doubt, do not play an expert but ask!!! Would you mangle with an electricity circuits that freely? Probably no because it is dangerous. Doing something with TYPO3 that you do not fully understand is dangerous for your site. So don't play, ask! There is always someone here to answer.

realurl_conf.php contains manual configuration with all site–specific settings. If you delete that you loose all customization you or somebody else made for the site. realurl_autoconf.php is a generated file and contains a mnimum basic configuration without any customization. It is generated by the RealURL automatically if such option is enabled in the extension properties and manual configuration is not present.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team