[TYPO3-english] Fork of Typo3 ?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Feb 22 17:10:58 CET 2009

Hi!

Artemy Nikolsky wrote:
>  Pentium D 2,8GHz CPU/4Gb RAM, 4x7200rpm IDE HDD (RAID10)

RAM is your bottleneck.

> apache1.3/mod_php for typo3, lighthttpd for static file - max 30 request to

Apache 1.3???

> But this bad theory because we had one big problem. After published good
> news a server received more than 3000 page request per second lasting not
> more than a half an hour. It gave many competing apache child processes
> (load average> 20), severe swopping, dead 80 port and many the lost money.

Yes, it sounds bad. But if you expect such peaks you need better hardware and may be several servers. Even static pages will not work on your hardware with 3000 rq/s.

> The fast decision for such loading was to make dirty patches typo3 core and
> ext for active use memcached, to remove apache and lithhttpd, to start such
> scheme:

Better made good patches, not dirty. And submit them to our bug tracker.

Memcached support is coming in 4.3.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team