[TYPO3-english] New TYPO3 site

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Fri Feb 20 22:03:55 CET 2009

We have a cluster of two servers for majority of PHP processing (Quad
core, 16Gb RAM), a server for serving static content to offload the main
servers, iSCSI for storage of fileadmin, and a few directories from
typo3temp (not the whole directory though!), and a DB server(2 quad
cores, 8Gb RAM), which we are planning to split into Master/Slave
cluster of several servers.

Let me know if you have any questions about any specific area of our
setup. I occasionally post blogs if I find a new way of doing something
that causes significant improvements in performance.

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://danosipov.com/blog/

Graham Solomon wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I wonder if you would mind describing your hosting platform? You receive
> alot of traffic and I am curious what hardware you have to serve your
> visitors.
>
> We are considering our options at the moment as our current setup is
> starting to struggle, clustering is one option we are considering but we
> have almost no expertise here for that and I haven't found much on the
> internet relating to it specifically for TYPO3 so we'd have quite a
> steep learning curve to overcome.
>

> Kind Regards,
> Graham Solomon
>
> Daniel Huf wrote:
>> Yes thanks Dan for these hints.
>>
>> Good luck Stefano, I'm in the same boat ;)
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> stefano cecere wrote:
>>> thanks for the hints, Dan!
>>> i think those exts and your patch do really make a difference.
>>>
>>> looking forward to integrate everything in tt_news 3.0!
>>>
>>> note. lately i see more and more big and advanced TYPO3 websites!
>>> great!!