[TYPO3-english] A way to authenticate Typo3-Users/Admins via SSH

Sebastian Schnur s.schnur at gsd-software.net
Wed Feb 18 14:48:12 CET 2009

Hello again :)

Well, I think it would be very complicated to create authentication over
ssh and ldap. And yes, I just wanted to know if it's possible.

Thank you for the short tutorial, Steffen. I think the right extension
might be http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ldap_auth/current/
(ldap_auth). There's an existing LDAP. I'm always authenticating myself
over LDAP.
I just want to authenticate users and their permissions. Nothing else.
If it works, I only have to add a LDAP user to an existing
Typo3-Configuration.

[QUOTE]I guess you are talking about letting your BE users authenticate on your
server and gain SSH access?

Then I would let SSH use a pam_ldap mechanism and then use a LDAP
extension for TYPO3 that let's you synchronize your user account in both
direction. Because if you let them change their password from within
TYPO3's backend, then they'll still have to use their "old" LDAP
password if it is not synchronized back.[/QUOTE]

pam_ldap should be the right way I think. I haven't found an extension
that is synchronizing user-accounts, yet.

The "MySQL-Way" which was described, is the usually way. But I want to
do something different, cause I think it's easier to manage.

Have a nice day all!

Sebastian