[TYPO3-english] Hiding link text

Mike Crabtree M.D.Crabtree at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 12 12:58:05 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a problem with link text being displayed over the top of the image
which is meant to be replacing it.

Our html template uses an image for some of the page links, with a <span>
tag which hides the link text.

The HTML code:

The associated css entries:

.template5_panel_readmore a { width:235px; height:31px;
background:url("template5_panel_readmore.gif") left top no-repeat;
overflow:hidden; display:block; margin-top:3px; }
.template5_panel span { display:none; }

I have used TemplaVoila and have mapped an element, editing type: Link field
to the <div class="template5_panel_readmore">, which inserts the image
button when you add a link using the RTE Links box.  However, the name of
the pagetitle of the linked page is displayed over the top of the image
button as the <span> tag is excluded from the final page code.

Code from displayed page:

More" >Teaching</a></div>

Is there a way to stop the pagetitle text appearing on top of the image
button ?

Thanks,

Mike