[TYPO3-english] Update to 4.1.10 increased apache load

helge preuss regnans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:28:47 CET 2009

Hi Bas,
> Do you have a large website? Because in our case, when we changed the encryption key as part of the upgrade, just about every dynamically generated image had to be rebuilt. This caused quite a strain on the web servers, which eventually tapered off again as more and more images became available directly from disk.. so I'd say this is normal.

Yes, our website is quite large. Where can I find out more about the
encryption key and how it is used? I have to admit that I can only guess
at what you mean. My guess evaluates to the pictures in the typo3temp
folder - but only about 1000 images have been generated there yesterday.
That does not explain high load for half a day.

I assume that the load increase is in fact a normal occurrence after an
upgrade, but I have never heard about it and I want to understand what
happens...

Thanks, Helge