[TYPO3-english] TS limited level menu

Tomaž Zaman tomaz at optiss.si
Sun Feb 8 13:57:12 CET 2009

If you use special = driectory, you should also set which directory
subparts.menu_left.special.value = 54 (id of the top menu item)

And then use the expAll = 1 like this:
subparts.menu_left.1 {
expAll = 1

If you would like all levels to be expanded, you must create another tmenu,
which in end would look like this:

subparts.menu_left = HMENU
subparts.menu_left.special = directory
subparts.menu_left.special.value = 54
subparts.menu_left.1 = TMENU
subparts.menu_left.1 {
expAll = 1
NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
ACT = 1
ACT.allWrap = <li id="active">|</li>
}

subparts.menu_left.2 = TMENU
subparts.menu_left.2 {
expAll = 1
NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
ACT = 1
ACT.allWrap = <li id="active">|</li>
}
If you would like the top menu items to disappear when going deeper into the
treelevel, then you could play with treeLevel conditionals like:

[treeLevel = 2]
subparts.menu_left.special.value.data = leveluid:-2 (I hope you get the
idea)
[global]

(I haven't tested this, but it should be pretty close to what you need)