[TYPO3-english] RealURL strange behavior

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 4 09:22:59 CET 2009

Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> I have RealURL 1.5.2 installed on T3 4.2.2. The only pages that RealURL
> aliases are tt_news articles.  No other page in the site gets aliased
> (which then redirects to the home page based on httpd.conf directive for
> page not found).
>
> The strange thing about this is this site is a copy of another site with
> the same versions mentioned above and RealURL works just fine.
>
> Has anyone experienced this little hang and if so do you know the solution?

You are missing one of these in the configuration:
- rootpage_id for this domain
- domain configuration at all

I think when you made a copy, you did not update RealURL configuration. It does not find domain or its root page id and therefore skips to default behavior. Nothing strange. These sympthoms are typical for wrong configuration.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team