[TYPO3-english] How to change to three columns?

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sun Feb 1 16:48:41 CET 2009

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) pisze:
> I got an iPhone and enjoy to browse the Net!
> I found that iPhone has a nice feature, when you double click on a
> paragraph, the zoom level will be adjusted to the wide of the screen.
>
> When I do that on my sites, nothing changes, since I have the menu on
> top (some sites at the left side) and the paragraph uses the full wide
> of the screen.
>
> I want to change it so that two or more columns will be displayed. That
> would make use of the double click auto zoom level.
>
> How can I do that (the easy way)? Can you point me to an example? Any
> thoughts/disadvantages?

In my opinion, the best way is just to change the layout to use narrower
center column, spliting text on two or more columns will be more
difficult, because, you will have to to scroll from bottom to top few
times per page to continue reading of the splited text. Think about -
make some static files with splited columns, put on the server and visit
from iPhone...

On the other ... finger you can zoom up/down text "manually" using two
fingers.