[TYPO3-english] menu not disappearing with Templavoila(?)

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Tue Dec 22 22:23:51 CET 2009

Am 22.12.2009, 22:09 Uhr, schrieb La Farge Douglas
<doug at gcnpublishing.com>:

> Hi,
>
> For over two years I've been using the code below to generate drop down
> navigation menus.  I have a dozen or  more sites using this code. It
> does the job nicely.
>
> Recently I've switched to TV (and I'm very pleased I finally made the
> switch).
>
> However in doing so an odd behavior is now happening with the drop down
> menu's. They do not disappear (retract) unless I hover over another menu.

just curious, why don't you use a CSS based menu? It is much easier then
some fance JS menus, but give you the full power to do anything, because
they can be based on TMENU...
look at these examples
http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/

look for multilevel dropdown... I have this one up and running (slightly
modified because I don't need left foldout) :
http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/anywidth2.html

regarding your question, there were a couple of bugs, which might not been
fixed yet... I just read it somewhere, that these JS based menus are
somewhat crapped up

Best regards
Phil

--