[TYPO3-english] Powermail: Sorting of country selector erroneous

Klemens Zleptnig klemens.zleptnig at boc-eu.com
Tue Dec 22 12:56:08 CET 2009

Hi,

When I add a country selector box to my powermail (1.4.18) form, the
countries are not sorted correctly. For example, when the language is
German, I get this:

<option value="ET">Äthiopien</option>
<option value="AT">Österreich</option>
<option value="BS">Bahamas</option>

It's a problem because it's a really long list and people won't search for
Österreich between A and B.
I found this in the code (class.tx_powermail_html.php): $orderBy =
'cn_short'. Checking the table static_countries I saw that this column
doesn't exist (only cn_short_en and cn_short_de).

Best,
Klemens