[TYPO3-english] IE8 loosing login session - in both FE and BE

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Dec 18 11:50:36 CET 2009

Am 18.12.2009, 01:04 Uhr, schrieb Sune Vestergaard <sv at typoconsult.dk>:

> We have some (not all) Internet Explorer 8 - which looses the session
> "shortly" after login to either FE og BE. I do not believe it is related
> the "combatility-issue"!
>
> After some investigation, it is quite clear that the session expires
> after
> the first Ajax call. If no Ajax call - no problem. You are able to log
> into
> e.g. the BackEnd of a new TYPO3 version 4.2. But after hitting some
> functionality using an Ajax call, you will on the next request find
> yourself
> no longer logged in. This could e.g. be the Clear Cache buttons. It seems
> likes it works - but on the next request you are no longer welcome :)
> Many different (all?) TYPO3 versions seems affected. No problem observed
> in
> other version of IE (6,7) or FF or any other browser. Only some IE8
> users is
> affected.
>
> Same behavior in FE. Also with different types of Ajax implementations
> (libraries). It seems closely related to TYPO3 - since many other
> applications is with great success using Ajax.
>
> The last really really puzzling observation in this regard - is that if I
> activate the "InPrivate-browsing" feature of IE8, everything seems to
> work
> perfectly.
>
> In all situations - analyzing network traffic with makes me conclude
> that IE
> is accepting the fe_typo_user cookies that it is asked to use. After
> initially setting the cookie - all subsequent requests, including the
> coming
> Ajax request, has the new cookie value. Session will fail on the first
> Ajax
> Request. eID related ??
>
> Any suggestions or solutions? Someone who can replicate this behavior?

Are you sure that you've set the Compatible-flag correctly?

Have you tried
Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=8"
in .htaccess?

Is the user logged out only once in a browsing session (when fallback from
IE8 to IE7 happens) or does it appear again and again?

Steffen

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11968