[TYPO3-english] tt_news - more odd behavior

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Thu Dec 17 23:40:27 CET 2009

I have the following category set up:

-  (equals top level category)
-- (equals second level category)
--- (equals third level category)

-News Types
--News
--Experts

-Departments
--Dealer
---Ownership Strategies
---Leadership
--General Manager
---Website
---CRM

Here's the problem.

I have a LIST tt_news container set up to display "Dealer"  (AND setting for the category). So Any news article type given the category relations "Dealer" should appear in the list. I have confirmed that this is the behavior with tt_news 2.5.2.

With 3.0.1 if there is a sub-category under Dealer no news is displayed.  If I go into the system and hide "Ownership Strategies" and "Leadership"  then "Dealer" news IS displayed.  I have confirmed this behavior on two sites.

For all sites I'm using Typo3 4.2.10 install.

Why the change in behavior?  Was this planned or is it a "bug"?

thanks in advance,
doug

Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
Internet Design, Development and Consulting For Today's Media Companies
http://www.gcnpublishing.com
203.665.6211 x209