[TYPO3-english] mnogosearch does not index documents under fileadmin

Yomo Guiamo yomo.diplur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 23:38:06 CET 2009

Hi Jigal,

Solved.

Thank you for your useful reply. Although I experimented with the
-Indexes and Indexes Option, it never occured to me to adjust the path
in the <Directory> directive! That did the trick!

My Apache config now looks like this:

<Directory /path/to/my/websitedir>
     Options FollowSymLinks -Indexes
     AllowOverride All
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /path/to/my/fileadmin/user_upload/>
     Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
     AllowOverride All
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

Notice the "-Indexes" and "Indexes" options.

To get rid of almost all the "Index of /fileadmin/user_upload/somedir"
search results I added the following TYPO3 indexing configuration:

Realm  	 /\?C  	 Disallow  	 1 hour  	 Regular expression

As you can see this is a Regular expression, pretty much as explained by
   Dimitri in a post about directory index searching. The only downside
is that you get one search result which contains a full path to a
subdirectory in the user_upload directory:

"Index of /fileadmin/user_upload/somesubdir"

Nevertheless I'm very happy that I have some tangible search results!

Thanks!

Yomo Guiamo