[TYPO3-english] replacing cObject image by a different one

Henjo Hoeksma hphoeksma at stylence.nl
Wed Dec 9 17:18:30 CET 2009

Hi list,

I would like to replace an image attached to a record in some occasions.

The current image is retrieved using this TS:

	image_stdWrap {
		setContentToCurrent = 1
		cObject = IMAGE
		cObject {
			file {
				import = uploads/tx_myext/
				import.current = 1
				width = 120
				height = 120
			}
		}
		ifEmpty.dataWrap = <span
style="color:red;font-weight:bold;">{LLL:EXT:myext/pi1/locallang.xml:no_item_image}</span>
	}

Context:

these records are used by multiple clients with all the same product
but sometimes different names (using contagged) and different images
(what I am working on now) because they are private label products.

I made a seperate table with overlay images attached to some of the
products. These records are located in the specific clients root page
only.

What I need to achieve is that when putting the output together for a
product with an image in the overlay images table, it retrieves the
image from that table.

Any clues? Hints? Directions?

Thanks in advance.

Henjo