[TYPO3-english] sorting content element problem

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Wed Dec 9 16:36:09 CET 2009

JoH asenau
> I guess you must get the comma separated list of content element uids out of
> the TV XML structure and use it to create your own menu instead.

must create own PHP-code for this purpose
userFunc=...

Look at TS Ref how to creat userFunc for menus.

  But don't
> ask me how, since this is one of the reasons why we try to avoid TV for our
> projects.

yes - the main problem of TV is that it doesn't store information about
position and order of content elements in a page with convention way but
inside an internal XML-document, which is is stored in the table 'pages'
=> orderBy statements and any other kind of SQL-queries defined by TS
can't be use => building content related menus are extremely painful and
difficult

You must create some code to look the XML document, where order has been
stored as one or more comma separated list(s). If you have several
content areas, you must take accoult that the code looks all of them.
If you want to order by title, you must first gather all together and
the order them.