[TYPO3-english] multi domain and language

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 9 11:58:19 CET 2009

I have  a similar setup with 10 langauges.

I set up first all languages by domain like you:

# Russian, for example
[globalString = ENV:HTTP_HOST = ru.mydomain.com]
config {
	sys_language_uid = 8
	language = ru
	htmlTag_langKey = ru
}
[global]

Then in order to get the flags changing the languages no mater what domain
is setup I have the following TS for all langauges

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
config {
	sys_language_uid = 1
	language = de
	htmlTag_langKey = de
}
[global]

With this setup if you go to ru.mydomain.com you'll see the site in russian,
but if you click on the german flag you then see it in german even though
the domain is ru.mydomain.com.

I think the order is important, you want the [globalVar = GP:L=1] language
condions to come after the [globalString = ENV:HTTP_HOST = ru.mydomain.com]
domain conditions.

-----
--
Stephen Bungert