[TYPO3-english] Upgrade extension from SVN ?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Aug 29 12:26:06 CEST 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:08:32 +0200, Xavier Perseguers
<typo3 at perseguers.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> Perhaps a very newbie question !
>>  I do not know how can I directly update an extension from the forge
>> files ?
>>  Should I download each updated file separately and upload it to the
>> host  ? Or is there a simple way to upgrade to the last changes of an
>> updated extension from it's forge project ?
>
> Use subversion to check out the extension (using the URL given in
> Repository tab) and then use svn update times to times to update.

... or visit this URL and get t3x files:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/typo3xdev/files/T3X/

Nevertheless, I'd also prefer SVN.
svn checkout http://URL-of-repository/trunk/ extension-directory

trunk/ tree is always the current developement tree, branches the tree for
already released versions (e.g. for TYPO3 trunk means (currently) 4.3
developement and branches are 4.2, 4.1, ...)

Steffen