[TYPO3-english] Auto-login

Duch typo3 at ilomedia.net
Wed Aug 26 00:32:29 CEST 2009

Hi all,

i'm trying to implement a simple autologin feature in one of my plugins.

It is a simple user registration plugin with a confirmation e-mail.
I'd like the user to be automatically logged-in when he clicks on the
approve link.
Everything works fine (user is registered, approve link works, user
can login with a standard login form) but i'm stuck with the autologin
feature.

- I've check sr_feuser_register autologin feature and it is not
suitable for me since login and password appear as clear text in the
url.
- i've read cc_svauthdemo code and manual but couldn't find a way to
make use of it (i'm not using a service, i'm in a plugin context)
- i've tried to implement the processLoginData from
class.t3lib_userauth.php but failed miserably (compareUident says
everything's ok, but user is not logged-in anyway)

Could anyone point me to the right direction (an extension already
doing that?), i think i'm close to a solution with processLoginData
but i must be missing a couple of important parameters to pass to the
method.

i've tried that :

$loginData = array();
$loginData['uname'] = $user['username']; // where user is my user record
$loginData['uident'] = $user['password']; // where user is my user
record
$loginData = $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->processLoginData($loginData,
'normal');

print_r($this->compareUident($user, $loginData)) // says '1', i
assume, this is ok

Thanks for your help,
Duch