[TYPO3-english] editpanel "caching" new content on submit (+ tt_news)

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 00:07:01 CEST 2009

Hi there,

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Darko Jr. Gonzalez<jkokino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I have this:
> plugin.tt_news.displayList.title_stdWrap.editPanel = 1
> plugin.tt_news.displayList.title_stdWrap.editPanel {
> allow = edit,new,delete,move,hide
> edit.displayRecord = 1
> line = 2
> }
> plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.title_stdWrap.editPanel = 1
> plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.title_stdWrap.editPanel {
> allow = edit,new,delete,move,hide
> edit.displayRecord = 1
> line = 2
> }
>
> This happens for normal ce; any tt_content as well.
> When I click editpanel's new icon to create new tt_news item or new regular
> text element, I do that, I save it. And I dont see the normal content
> element. I have to refresh the page. But I do see the tt_news item
> immediately.
> The problem is when I refresh the page (F5) I get another item added just
> like the one I just did seconds ago; it happens for both tt_news and the
> other standard text ce. And yet again, if I do another F5 refresh, another
> one is written.
> How do I prevent this form caching?
>
> I am doing frontend editing with a BE admin user.
>
> If I just reload by typing the url in another tab in the same browser and
> hit enter, I get to see the new content, but another is not added.
>
> When I delete, it automatically reflects back the changes and I see it
> deleted.
>
> How do I prevent this behaviour with F5?

Your browser is resubmitting the form contents when you reload. As far
as I know, this is an entirely standard browser behaviour. Firefox and
Safari at least prompt the user to see if they mean to do this. E.g.
Firefox' message:

Confirm

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat
any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed
earlier.

Cancel Resend

--
Christopher Torgalson