[TYPO3-english] Switch language for single site in backend

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Aug 25 17:36:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I have a Typo3-installation with a lagre number of websites. The
> default-language is swedish and the alternative language is english.
> Normally this is no problem. But now one of the sites wants to have english
> as default language and english as alternative. When a user makes a page it
> should be in english and the translation in swedish.
>
> I have added swedish as a website language and I have put
>
> mod.SHARED {
> defaultLanguageFlag = gb.gif
> defaultLanguageLabel = English
> }
>
> in tsconfig which changes the default language label and language. But when
> I make a translation to swedish i get a english flag and in the "Make new
> translation of this page-menu " I have english and swedish!

I made a patch once to add a new option to pageTS to deactivate a
language on a tree-base. Exactly what you need and exactly why I made
this patch for. I cannot remember the RFC number but it was committed
(to trunk IIRC). It allows you to do this:

mod.SHARED {
     disableLanguages = 2
}

where disableLanguages is a comma-separated list of languages to be
disabled.

Search for this in this list and you'll find the according RFC if you
don't have this option (yet) in your TYPO3 install. It was a relative
small patch which was applied both to Core and to TemplaVoilà as the
handling is overriden by TemplaVoilà meaning this works regardless of
whether you use TV or not.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers