[TYPO3-english] dam, german umlauts and utf8 migration

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Aug 19 09:51:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

some time ago I migrated our TYPO3 3.8 system to the latest 4.x and than
to the recent 4.2.8 version.

By doing that, I wasn't aware of the character encoding settings, so I
got a script/extension from a web developer company to change the TYPO3
setting all to UTF8.

The website is fine since than, edditing etc. works as before :)

Now one BE-user noticed, that the dam download files with german umlauts
in the filename can't be accessed any more.

I as an admin can't change the settings or replace the file from the BE
either.

The filename in the BE contains an "?" on black ground-symbol in place
of the umlaut. The downloadlink to the file contains some strange
characters.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks for any hint and best regards,

	Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt