[TYPO3-english] dam, german umlauts and utf8 migration

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Aug 19 09:58:31 CEST 2009

Hi Goetz
Check the database records what has been written down here!
Also be aware the double converting will cause errors like this too.
Check also the template in the backend - what does it say latin-??? or UTF8

Depending on how the script worked they often simply have forgotten to
convert the database records before conversion into binaries - than convert
- than move them back.
You can find an example at Wordpress.

Or install wordpress in TYPO3 database
Convert the tables which need to be converted with wordpress
deinstall and remove the wordpress tables again.

Andi