[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Linux hosting script - need suggestion

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Wed Aug 19 08:51:37 CEST 2009

Prakash wrote:
> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>
>> In addition, hosting systems and methods are so different that I
>> cannot imagine a "magic" script making all what needs to be done in
>> all cases (just thinking at how my personal productive system looks
>> like). You script may be shared as a basis - why not - but do not
>> expect it to be reusable by anyone as this.
>>
> Hi Bakshi,
>
> I agree the hosting systems and methods could be different, and the
> script cannot be used as it is.
> However sharing such a script could be extremely useful for many people
> in the community.
> We usually spend quite some time setting up things for a new clients, I
> believe that by referring to your script we can modify it to suit to our
> needs.
>
> I am really looking forward to see your script  :-)

Hello Prakash,

I like to clarify once again that The script is not for that system
where you don't have a super admin access. If you have a *Linux server*
you have full control to configure the ftp, apache etc.. .

Eample - I have configured vsftpd and I put the codes inside
typo3hosting script to configure the ftp on the fly based on the typo3
installation.

When ever there is a new release you have to obviously put the gz path
(downloaded at your server) of typo3 source in the script and that's
all. I am running the script on production server and it
creates/delete/restore typo3 hosting in a minute ( dual core amd 64 bit
with 4 GB ram - Hetzner server ) along with FTP access. localconf.php is
ready to communicate with mysql. So run the script and login to the
typo3 BE. I'll share the script soon. Some documentation is left.

Thanks