[TYPO3-english] Approach regarding front end user registration and direct mail

Michael Lykke lykke at hujelauget.dk
Tue Aug 18 01:43:59 CEST 2009

Hi all

I'm kinda new to TYPO3 so forgive for asking nooby questions.

My situation is this. I have direct mail ext installed and I have two
different categories set up. Now I want my users to select which kind of
newsletter they wish to receive. But I also want their address, phone
no., www and so on, so I've installed ext sr_feuser_register, which can
work with direct mail. And I also managed to set up a "sign up" form
asking the user to select from the two direct mail categories... So all
looks good - now comes the problem:

When I go to Direct Mail Module -> Recipient Lists, there are no
recipients in the lists I created there. I set starting point (in the
list) to the sign-up page.

My website users are created ok.

I followed all instructions to the best of my ability but I'm stuck. Any
help is appreciated. Maybe I'm doing this the wrong way 'round?

(I also played around with ext DirectMail subscription but I didn't get
that working either and also it needed the possibility to add additional
fields.)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction here?

Cheers, Michael