[TYPO3-english] HUGE page cache_pages with calendar base extension

janus76 janus76uk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:42:24 CEST 2009

Hi Folks,

I am having a few problems with massive cache tables in the database. The
total database size is about 100Mb but after looking again after the weekend
it had grown to 13.1 Gb!!!! these were maining in ttwo tables: cache_pages
and tx_realurl_chashcache which had over 30 million entries!!! These seem to
be cased by the calendar base extension (with realurl enabled) and  my site
being crawled by google.
At the moment there are probable about 70 - 80 calendar entries, so I am not
too sure why this is happening. Any help with this would be most
appreciated.

All the best

Janus