[TYPO3-english] TS-Problem: Empty select if FCE is a reference

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:38:46 CEST 2009

Hi!

Andre Dittmar wrote:
> That's right. But as far as I can see, there would be normaly no need
> for the "pages.pid=<current>"-Part to get a proper result? But I know
> there is no chance to remove or replace this part by typoscript. So if I
> don't set pidInList, the default value "this" uses the UID of the
> current page?

That's right. "this" is be equal to the *current* page id. So you will get the abstract only from a page, which is directly above the current page in the page tree :(

> To finally get a correct output I think I've to set always the PID of
> the page with the UID "field_headlink", right? Do I have to use a second
> select to get this value or is there a more sophisticated way to handle
> this?

The best way would be to set uidInList to the field_headlink. But it will be very complex (if possible at all) because uidInList is not an stdWrap in any released version, so you cann do this:

	uidInList.field = field_headlink

You may have more luck with RECORDS than CONTENT because RECORDS does not have such limitation in "select". RECORDS are almost the same but you can select from any page.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd