[TYPO3-english] TS-Problem: Empty select if FCE is a reference

Andre Dittmar typo3 at hotbytes.de
Tue Aug 11 14:23:23 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your fast respond!

 >> First of all, is it empty of does contain a page id? You say
opposite things in two paragraphs :(

Sorry for being improper. I tried to say that the original FCE does
contain a page id, and therefore
the abstract is rendered but the referenced content element maybe
don't (It's just a suspicion by myself).

 >> Secondly, you should know that "select" in content selects content
from a current page unless you specify pidInList. This is important
for the following part of your TS:

 >>       select {
 >>         where = hidden=0 AND deleted=0
 >>         andWhere {
 >>           dataWrap = pages.uid={field:field_headlink}
 >>         }
 >>       }
 >>

 >> So what you actually get in SQL is: "pages.pid=<current> AND
pages.uid=<field_headlink>". I guess it is not correct.

That's right. But as far as I can see, there would be normaly no need
for the "pages.pid=<current>"-Part to get a proper result? But I know
there is no chance to remove or replace this part by typoscript. So if
I don't set pidInList, the default value "this" uses the UID of the
current page?

To finally get a correct output I think I've to set always the PID of
the page with the UID "field_headlink", right? Do I have to use a
second select to get this value or is there a more sophisticated way
to handle this?

Thanks & best regards,
Andre