[TYPO3-english] Backend programming

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Tue Aug 4 11:46:38 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        * k-do * <kdokdo at gmail.com>
Gesendet:   Dienstag, 4. August 2009 11:30:07
An:         typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-english] Backend programming
> Hi,
>
> I've created a new table using kickstarter and modified an extension to
> insert records in that table. It's a banner extension that gives me very
> little statistics and I've created the new table to get more information.
> That table inserts a row per banner per day, counting the clicks and
> impressions.
>
> Now I need to show the data. I was thinking of showing the data in a new tab
> (named for example "More Statistics") in every banner content element.
> Or if it is easier, I could show it in a new module... It doesn't matter
> really, I just want to show it somewhere.
>
> Would be very useful if someoe could give the steps for doing this. I really
> don't know where to start. In the Typo3 API I've seen how to declare the
> table in ext_tables.php (inside section Extending the $TCA array) but I'm
> not sure is wht I need because it says things that make me think that is to
> show records of that table in mode list, and I don't want to do that.
>
> I don't know if I've explained myself correctly, but is the best I can do in
> English. Don't hesitate to ask me details, I really need to know how to
> solve this.

Hi,

I propose that you add a simple Frontend-Modul to your extension with
the kickstarter.
You can assign your table as reference, so nearly all required code is
written automatically und you only need to change some details for
changing some output or style of your extension.

Unneeded Parts I propose to comment out instead of deleting because
perhaps you need it later ;-)

Best Regards
David