[TYPO3-english] Backend programming

* k-do * kdokdo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 11:30:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've created a new table using kickstarter and modified an extension to
insert records in that table. It's a banner extension that gives me very
little statistics and I've created the new table to get more information.
That table inserts a row per banner per day, counting the clicks and
impressions.

Now I need to show the data. I was thinking of showing the data in a new tab
(named for example "More Statistics") in every banner content element.
Or if it is easier, I could show it in a new module... It doesn't matter
really, I just want to show it somewhere.

Would be very useful if someoe could give the steps for doing this. I really
don't know where to start. In the Typo3 API I've seen how to declare the
table in ext_tables.php (inside section Extending the $TCA array) but I'm
not sure is wht I need because it says things that make me think that is to
show records of that table in mode list, and I don't want to do that.

I don't know if I've explained myself correctly, but is the best I can do in
English. Don't hesitate to ask me details, I really need to know how to
solve this.

Thank you very much!