[TYPO3-english] Integrating TinyMCE

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Wed Apr 29 12:29:35 CEST 2009

Wiel, J.A.M. van de wrote:

> Hello all,
> The better part of my morning was spent trying to tame the tinymce_rte
> extension. The Tiny editor handles cut/paste from Word much better than
> the default, so I would like to attempt a switch. Right now I've reached
> the point where the whole thing works perfectly, except for one thing.
> Many popup dialogs have an 'Advanced' tab, which allows editors way too
> much freedom for adding things like ID's, JS events etc. I haven't been
> able to find a way to limit the available fields in these tabs, or to
> disable the tabs completely. Hopefully someone here can point me in the
> right direction. TinyMCE's own documentation has been less than helpful to
> me..
>
> Bas

Hi Bas,

Try the typo3link and typo3image modules for simpler image and link popup
windows. The typo3filemanager plugin is required for them. AFAIK it's not
possible to restrict the access to special fields.

BTW: Here is my shortened tinymce_rte configuration based on the standard
TSconfig preset (see configuration in the extension manager). Maybe someone
can need it... :-)

RTE.default.init {
	# own content css
	content_css = fileadmin/css/rte.css

	# define the plugin list (performance!)
	plugins =
style,table,advimage,advlink,inlinepopups,searchreplace,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,noneditable,xhtmlxtras,media,typo3filemanager

	# button visiblity and order
	theme_advanced_buttons1 =
bold,italic,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,sub,sup,|,attribs,styleselect,styleprops,|,formatselect
	theme_advanced_buttons2 =
link,typo3link,unlink,image,media,anchor,|,code,pastetext,pasteword,cleanup,|,fullscreen,search,replace,charmap,|,tablecontrols
	theme_advanced_buttons3 =
	theme_advanced_buttons4 =

	# target attribute
	theme_advanced_link_targets =

	# switch spellchecker default language
	spellchecker_languages = +German=de,English=en

	# tabbing directly into the textarea (ignore buttons)
	accessibility_focus = false

	# some more cleanup stuff
	fix_list_elements = true
	fix_nesting = true

	# better entity handling
	entity_encoding = named

	# activate firefox spell checking
	gecko_spellcheck = true

	# default height
	height = 430

	# modify the contents in the format box
	theme_advanced_blockformats = p,pre,div,h3,h4,h5,h6
}

--
Stefan Galinski