[TYPO3-english] Why there is not an " official " online Forum for TYPO3 ?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 25 23:32:33 CEST 2009

> Only my two cents but mailinglists tend to be the perfect tool for
> powerusers.
> Forum and mailinglists can live together but I think that developers
> prefers mailinglists.
> It doesn't surprise me that TYPO3 is a bit more powered through
> mailinglists than forums. It's also one of the only CMS to come without
> preinstalled website...

As many may be aware the guys at Web Empowered Church have been busy
during the last years to build an easy package to get a TYPO3 website with
most things that a church needs up and running. This initiative has
recently been picked up by others and if I've understood things correctly
plans are made to produce a general package based on modern extensions.

It may be an idea to have a forum up and running if the audience at which
such a package is targeted prefers a forum over e-mail or usenet groups.

Now that the mailinglists and the newsgroups are synchronized it may also
be possible to sync them with a forum? It's merely another way to exchange
messages...

> Ps : I prefer mailinglists ;)
Me too, but if we can have people with different preferences (mail, news,
forum) connected and if they can share the knowledge provided by the
entire community one may very well have a win-win-win situation.

Regards,

--
Jigal van Hemert.