[TYPO3-english] Magento - Typo3

Michael Türk tuerk at flagbit.de
Fri Apr 3 09:55:31 CEST 2009

On 2009-03-25 11:00:54 +0100, Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry at typo3.org> said:

> Рш!
>
> Patrik wrote:
>> I have a problem with extensions "fb_magento" -connects TYPO3 and Magento
>> ("fb_magento" ver. 0.5.0, Magento ver. 1.2.1.2).
>> Admin interface of Magento works OK, but when I include plugin in BE Typo3
>> return an error: TYPOGENTOSOAP API Error: Access denied.
>>
>> On FE Typo3 return an error:
>> Fatal error: Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract::getMessages(): The script
>> tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object.
>> Please ensure that the class definition "Mage_Core_Model_Message_Collection"
>> of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize()
>> gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition
>> in .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php on line 173
>>
>> Anybody have a good tutorial to install "typogento".
>
> I used two of magento extesions and I prefer Georg Ringer's "magento". Reasons:
> - far easier to set up
> - does not require a dedicated page for each category
> - much more friendly configuration interface

Hi,

Dmitry doesn't like TypoGento. We already heard about that. Dmitry, I
would really like to have a private session with you to show you
TypoGento. I bet you'd change your opinion quite rapidly.

In fact, TypoGento can be set up quite easyly. The error that comes up
in your case would come up in the other extension as well because there
is no Web Services user set up in Magento. Magento differentiates
administration users and Web Service users. For SOAP applications you
need a Web Service user who can be set up in Configuration -> Web
Services within the administration backend.

There also is a brief documentation you can access at
http://www.typogento.com/need-a-docu/how-to-install-typogento.html. I
hope all your questions are answered over there. If you have more
questions feel free to contact us.

By the way, you do not need dedicated pages for each category. In fact,
you can access every block available in Magento. And the view/block you
chose in the backend is overridden by users' requests (by GET
parameters that are rendered by RealURL if you want), so every view
from Magento can be show within on single TYPO3 page.
We thought about using the Magento API to integrate the contents but
this simply is much slower. Additionally you'll have to rewrite all the
display logic within TYPO3 again. If you set up Magento once, you will
know how much templating efford you face when implementing a Magento
shop. You don't want to redevelop all this in TYPO3.
And in the time being you simply can't do some actions when using the
API. Although it is planned for the future, you can not add orders
using the API. This makes it impossible to integrate the whole workflow
into a TYPO3 website and this was what we tried to achieve. You can add
a Magento shop to an existing TYPO3 site transparently.

If you want to see some running websites using TypoGento have a look at
the following URLs:
- http://www.netviewer.com
- http://www.bianchiusa.com
- http://www.biestmilch.com

I hope I could help you solve the problems. If you need more help, feel
free to contact us at http://www.typogento.com.

Greetings from Germany
Michael