[TYPO3] Browser hanging when importing new extension

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Sep 25 07:30:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

> I am trying to import an extension [1] from the Extension Manager. I selected
> "Import extension", chose the t3x file, and when I click the "Upload
> extension file" button, the browser spins and I don't get any result back.
> Any idea on how to solve or debug this problem?

1) Do you have this problem with all extensions you try to import or
just with this one?

2) I don't know the size of this extension but does a smaller one upload
perfectly? If yes, then you should investigate a memory limit problem in PHP

3) What does log files say? php.log for instance... Try activating
warning and error messages if they are not shown

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html