[TYPO3] Generating unique links for Internal Page [t3-newbie]

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Sep 23 11:51:08 CEST 2008

Hi!

maaboo wrote:
> I don't need to shorten them. The project has 'speaking' URLs like:
> mysite.name/i/tell/you/something/
> it's a part of idea (so you should be inspired just looking on URL before
> reading their content :-)
>
> I'm from Moscow, Russia. :-) I think i'm the only in Russia who building up
> site which will maintain thousands of pages in near future (i hope that at
> least). I feel lonely. :-\

May be we meet when I visit my parents there next time :)

There are lots of TYPO3 developers in Russia. I think there is even a local web site for TYPO3 developers. And these mailing lists have russian user group. I used to subscribe to it but later unsubscribed (not very interesting comparing to english group).

> Do you mean that i should the following in urltoolconf_realurl.php (i use
> EXT:URLTool):
>
>     'postVarSets' => array(
>             'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[tt_news]',
>     ),
>
> ? But i already have these lines. It generates
> 'ochen-dlinnoe-nazvanie-novosti'. '' What should i do?

No, it can't generate that ;) It can generate only a number. Title of the news will be generated by a different postVarSet definition. I am not sure what URLTool does. I always create configuration manually.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team