[TYPO3] uploads or user-upload

Walrick Bosch lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Fri Sep 19 15:56:24 CEST 2008

> there is a bug repport on bug.typo3.org on this subject
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6039
>
> someone created a patch that allow you to create new TCA group  named
> file_reference whitch is the same as file but do not copy your file in any
> directory. It just use the file you put in fileadmin as a reference.
>
> Michael Miousse
> infoglobe
> michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca

I believe you can do something similar with a combination of the
extensions dam and dam_ttcontent. The second one allows you to created
references to files instead of actually copying them. It's an
experimental extension but works very good in my opinion. It still makes
separate scaled down versions of every image, but the original image is
no longer copied each time it's used. Of course you will have to make
sure no one deletes any image which is still in use.

Regards,

Walrick

--
webmaster Global Healing Circle