[TYPO3] uploads or user-upload

Michael Miousse michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca
Fri Sep 19 13:39:15 CEST 2008

rupali.ffm at googlemail.com wrote:

> ok
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Steffen Müller <typo3 at t3node.com> wrote:
>
>> On 18.09.2008 00:40 bernd wilke wrote:
>> > on Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:22:47 +0200, Steffen Müller wrote:
>> >
>> > I wouldn't let any editor access this area, as the possibilities to
>> > crash the site are to high.
>> >

>> Well, it's always the same with OSS: absolutely no warranty.
>>
>> My proposal was just a way to give admins the possibility to decide what
>> to do and to handle TYPO3 objects with TYPO3 backend. Not to play
>> kindergarten teacher.
>>
>> Btw. unexperienced admins could also use the EM to install phpshell.
>> That's probably more dangerous than uploads in fileadmin... Anyway,
>> getting OT here.
>>

>> --
>> cheers,
>> Steffen
>>
>> http://www.t3node.com/

there is a bug repport on bug.typo3.org on this subject

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6039

someone created a patch that allow you to create new TCA group  named
file_reference whitch is the same as file but do not copy your file in any
directory. It just use the file you put in fileadmin as a reference.

Michael Miousse
infoglobe
michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca