[TYPO3] uploads or user-upload

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:40:09 CEST 2008

on Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:22:47 +0200, Steffen Müller wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On 18.09.2008 00:04 bernd wilke wrote:
>> [2] in this part of your server normaly you have no access by the
>> TYPO3- BE as TYPO3 want to have control over this files.
>>

> but you can easily change that by moving uploads/ into fileadmin and
> creating a symlink:
>
> $ mv uploads/ fileadmin/
> $ ln -s fileadmin/uploads uploads/
>
> now uploads is accessible by filelist module.

iiieeeehhk =:-O

that is like opening all safes in your bank.
or switching off all virus-scanners.

I wouldn't let any editor access this area, as the possibilities to crash
the site are to high.

as experienced admin I do changes in this area. And I know how to access
this area even without ftp. I also use phpmyadmin to make changes to
tables.

but 'hands off' for every editor, and also the unexperienced admins!

bernd