[TYPO3] RealURL error: multidomain configuration without rootpage_id!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 11 10:01:05 CEST 2008

Hi!

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> I'm using latest versions of both RealUrl and TYPO3, and I'm having
> these persistent errors in the site. I've been following the related
> threads on the list, but I can't figure out what's wrong in my case.
>
> The current issue is the error referenced in the subject:
>
>     Error!
>
>     Reason: RealUrl error: multidomain configuration without rootpage_id!
>
> This happens for every page in the site.

This is a very rare case, which theoretically you should never see. It means that RealURL failed to:
- find rootpage_id in the configuration
- find any domain records for the current domain

I guess you have all domains configured with "www" but do not have configuration for domains without "www". So when you try to access it without "www", RealURL cannot determine rootpage_id by any means it knows. Can this be the case?

> I've enabled autoconfiguration for RealUrl and the value of
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['{$domain}']['pagePath']
> ['rootpage_id'] is right in each case.

Additionally I have to say that autocofig will use domain records. So if you try to access a TYPO3 site, which is confogured in Apache but does not have a domain record in TYPO3, RealURL will not work.

> I'm confused, because the setup in this case is pretty much identical
> except for the versions of TYPO3 and RealUrl in the same server
> environment.

This seems to confirm my understanding of the problem.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team